Free deliveries are only made with a Tail-Lift Lorry. This will be a kerbside delivery (hard surface), using a pallet truck. We do not use crane lorries (Hi-ab)*.
Manual Pallet Truck
The delivery driver will use a manual pump truck to manoeuvre the pallet. This means the surface cannot be gravel or grass and must be firm and flat. Ensure you have enough space to store your pallet/s.
The access road must be suitable for HGVS (Tarmac, block paving or concrete). Our lorries cannot operate rough, loose or soft ground.
The delivery point must have large vehicle access. The road must be wide enough, obstacle-free, and have room to turn for our 18 or 28-tonne lorry.
We will contact you by text or email regarding your delivery update using the contact details on your order. So, please ensure that the contact details are correct. Standard delivery slot deliveries are made between 8am to 6pm.
Please check over your goods at the time of delivery before signing the delivery note/POD. If you discover anything wrong, please sign for the delivery as ‘Damaged’. See further down the page for further details on how to do this.
TIME OF DELIVERY
Deliveries ordinarily are from Mondays to Fridays, excluding bank and public holidays, usually between 8 am to 6 pm. It usually takes 2 to 5 working days for goods to be delivered.
When we confirm we have dispatched your order, you should:
- Check the address details and telephone number so that we can contact you if necessary on the day of delivery.
- Make sure the delivery area is flat, solid and enough space to take the weight of a pallet truck.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to inform and advise of any constraints which may restrict access to the delivery address.
Error or mistake in above detail may lead to an unsuccessful delivery**.
- When the goods arrive, inspect them for visible damage with the driver present. If you notice any visible damage to the crate, such as splintered wood, or if the crate is leaning significantly to one side, please mark the delivery note/POD as 'Damaged'
- Simply add the word 'Damaged' next to your signature, whether on paper or on a handheld device, and report any breakages by email within 24 hours, along with relevant images. Failure to do so may result delay the refunds or no returns.
- While maneuvering the products, the driver may not have the delivery note/POD on them; therefore make sure to obtain this before they depart so that you may sign for the things. We recommend signing the delivery note/POD yourself, and if the driver signs on your behalf, always double-check that the goods are signed for as you see fit. Please keep in mind that signing as 'Unchecked' will not protect you from any damages that may be uncovered.
- Unless otherwise noted, a signature indicates that the products were delivered in satisfactory condition and without evident signs of damage.
Each driver has a maximum of 20 minutes per delivery for you to do this and you can request that they wait for the full duration when necessary.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the products are signed for. Please verify that the person receiving the delivery is aware with our entire procedure, and always sign the delivery note before the driver departs. If you have any problems with your delivery, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can assist you.
- We always advise accepting the delivery to avoid incurring any re-delivery or return charges.
DAMAGES AND RETURNS
- We send our crates thoroughly checked and make sure no single slab in a crate leaves the yard broken, still please allow 10% for breakages, chips, and corners in transport because of the product.
- UNIVERSAL PAVING UK LTD is happy to issue a partial refund for any breakages that are more than the above specified percentage. The customer’s responsibility is to notify their intentions to us in reasonable time scale of 24 hrs through email only.
- In the unlikely event that you wish to return your item, we will happily accept it as long as the product is in its original packing and in as-sold condition. The consumer arranges the return at their expense and ensures that the merchandise is properly packed for transit. We can only accept entire packs for returns and not for bespoke or split packs. Returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Because this is a third-party service, we will remove transportation charges, re-stocking charges or any other additional charges from the return amount. If the merchandise is returned via our Haulier, the customer is still responsible for the cost.
|Express Delivery – 48 Hours||£30 Per Pallet|
|Specified AM or PM Delivery||£40 Per Pallet|
We offer Express Delivery on readily available stock, as well as a Saturday Delivery service. We can arrange this on special request or at the time of the checkout.
The cut-off time for the next-day dispatch is 2 PM. All orders made after this time will dispatch on the 2nd working day. For example, an order placed after 2 PM for express delivery on a Monday will be sent on Wednesday for delivery Thursday.
We can dispatch your goods at a time that suits you! This means that you can order weeks in advance to avoid any last-minute rush! Contact us or leave the information in your order notes if you like to arrange delivery on a later date or a specified date.
**we strongly advise not to arrange any trades person or equipment hire until the goods have been delivered to you properly. Whilst we make every effort for the goods to be delivered in the given time frame, this is just estimation and is never guaranteed. Therefore we cannot be held responsible for any matters beyond our control that result in delayed delivery. You are not entitled to any kind of compensation.
For most postcodes on the UK mainland, delivery charges start at £60.00 per pack. This £60.00 is already included in the price of the product, thus delivery is free to the most postcodes. However, some postcodes do incur additional expenses. If there are any additional costs to your postcode, our Shopping Cart will automatically compute them or in some cases we might contact you relating the same before dispatching the product to your address.
Please call our office on 07480959706 to discuss any delivery requirements or for clarification.